Jackrabbits! Georgian Nordic Ski and Canoe Club
Ontario Trails Events
|Event:||Jackrabbits! Georgian Nordic Ski and Canoe Club|
|Date:||2016-12-01 to 2018-03-31|
|Abstract:||Jackrabbits turned out in great form in all kinds of weather for last winters program We had approximately 135 Jackrabbits registered last year with all levels of ability and we anticipate even greater numbers this year. (and we have already!)|
|Time:||See event website|
|Location:||Nine Mile Lake Road off of Highway 124, 7 km. east of Parry Sound.|
|Cost:||See Event Website Registration at the Ski Club will be on Saturd|
We had a great season of Jackrabbit in 2017. From Bunnies to Racing Rabbits, we had approximately 125 Jackrabbits registered last year. We look forward to another great winter of skiing fun and learning for 2018.
- Registration Day: December 2, 2017 10:00 am - 12 noon at the Ski Club (see online registration details below)
- Last Registration Day (cutoff date): Friday December 22, 2017
- First Jackrabbit Day: January 6, 2018.
The Jackrabbit Program runs from January to early March and offers a very fun and engaging group environment for kids to learn to Nordic ski. The focus is on fun and skill development within the context of games, activities, and trail skiing with a group. Our coaches are very enthusiastic and love to ski!
Volunteers are always needed to help with the Jackrabbit Program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in getting involved. There are many opportunities: coaching, assistant coaching, helping with theme days, making hot chocolate, or supervising in the Burrow during Jackrabbit.
You can now register online!...go to https://zone4.ca/register.asp?id=16096&lan=1&cartlevel=1.
There is an additional cost to signing up on-line (credit card processing fees)...however, that additional costs makes it easier on the volunteers that run this program so...please consider it!
Can't sign up on-line? Can't make it to the December 2nd registration day? You can drop your membership and Jackrabbit forms to White Squall at 19 James.
MEMBERSHIP to the club is mandatory for all Jackrabbits to cover insurance requirements. This means that you have to sign your child(ren) up individually as well as indicate that you want to sign up for Jackrabbits. We've reduced the Jackrabbit fee this year to account for the membership requirement in an attempt to maintain the program as one of the most affordable winter recreation and training activities in Parry Sound (thanks GNSCC Board!).
We really encourage families to also become members as it means you as parents can get out skiing too and its a great way to support the club.
- Bunnies: under six years (as young as 3 years old!) and accompanied by a parent.
- Levels 1,2 & 3: aged 6 to 9, focussed on classic technique. Level 1 must have parental accompaniment.
- Level 4: introduction to skate skiing techniques.
- Track Attack - Recreational: aged 10 and older who wish to ski with a group (in skate or classic technique) and are recreational skiers.
- Racing Rabbits: Georgian Nordic Racing Rabbits - aged 10 - 14 who wish to fine tune skills and train for competition!
Any questions? Email email@example.com