Walk on the Wild Side - Annual Bruce Peninsula Hiking Festival
Ontario Trails Events
|Event:||Walk on the Wild Side - Annual Bruce Peninsula Hiking Festival|
|Date:||2018-09-30 to 2018-10-01|
|Abstract:||Welcome to the annual Bruce Peninsula Hiking Festival. This year, we propose that you join us for a “Walk on the Wild Side” as we enjoy access to places very near to those classified by Parks Canada as true “wilderness” - right here on the Bruce Peninsula.|
|Time:||Various Times. See website.|
Welcome to the Annual Bruce Peninsula Hiking Festival. This year, we propose that you join us for a “Walk on the Wild Side” as we enjoy access to places very near to those classified by Parks Canada as true “wilderness” - right here on the Bruce Peninsula.
While we are enjoying the gift of wilderness, we celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Bruce Peninsula National Park and begin a series of 50th Anniversary celebrations for Bruce Trail clubs as well. And speaking of gifts, we also celebrate a wonderful tradition of giving that affords the Bruce Trail Conservancy further opportunity to secure and preserve the optimum trail route for future generations.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR MOST FESTIVAL EVENTS as many of them sell out in advance - see registration information below
Festival Pre-Registration Information
The Festival consists of four “events” as listed below.
1) a Friday evening presentation;
2) a Saturday AM activity;
3) a Saturday PM activity and,
4) a Saturday evening presentation preceded by a Wine and Cheese reception.
Cost/Payment Option 1 of 2 - Weekend Pass
- The Weekend Pass is $50/person if paid registration received by September 16th >>> It includes all four events (see list above).
- The Weekend Pass is $60/person if paying for registrationafter September 16th >>> It includes all four events (see list above).
Cost/Payment Option 2 of 2 - Purchase events individually for $15 each.
- Follow the instructions on the registration form.
Other Registration Details
- All registrants receive admission to the Parks Canada Visitor Center displays and National Park sites.
- The activities on Saturday AM and PM have enrolment limits so list your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice for both the morning and afternoon on the registration form.
- Activities will be filled on a first-come-first served basis. Register early to ensure your first choices.
- Complete one registration form for EACH registrant.
How to Register and Pay
Download the registration form. It is a Word file (RegForm) containing blank form fields (small gray boxes). Assuming you have MS Word, open the file and fill in (type in) the appropriate form fields. Then use "Save As" to save your completed registration form using a different file name (e.g. RegForm_YourName). You must do this for each person registering.
EITHER print and mail the completed form(s) to: Peninsula Outdoor Festival, c/o John Greenhouse, PO Box 2, Tobermory, ON N0H 2R0 OR email your form(s) as an attachment(s) to email@example.com.
PAYMENT OPTIONS: You may pay online using PayPal (see below) OR send a cheque payable to the Peninsula Bruce Trail Club to Bruce Peninsula Hiking Festival, c/o John Greenhouse, P.O. Box 2, Tobermory, ON N0H 2R0.