Frontenac All Season Camping ChallengeOntario Parks - Frontenac Winter Lecture
Ontario Trails Events
|Event:||Frontenac All Season Camping ChallengeOntario Parks - Frontenac Winter Lecture|
|Trail:||Frontenac Provincial Park|
|Date:||2021-01-01 to 2021-12-31|
|Abstract:||Ontario Parks provides a wide range of all year round events in its parks. Ontario's Parks are one of the best places to discover the outdoors and Ontario's trails!|
|Location:||Frontenac Provincial Park 1090 Salmon Lake Road Sydenham Ontario K0H 2T0 Directions|
The Friends of Frontenac Park would like to welcome you to this site about beautiful Frontenac Provincial Park. The Park was created in 1974 and occupies 5,214 hectares within Frontenac County in south-eastern Ontario. The central concept of the Park is called "Threshold to Wilderness." As such, its main objective is to teach wilderness skills in a semi-wilderness settings. Check out the Skills Training Program schedule. But Frontenac Park is much more than that: it is a wonderful place to backpack, hike, canoe, camp and observe nature.
Please note: The gate to Big Salmon Lake road is CLOSED for the season. Trails will be accessible via the Corridor Trail.
- Snowshoes are now available to rent. $15 includes poles. We have sizes for everyone, call the park office for more details (613) 376-3489.
- For snow condition see Ontario Parks Ski Report for Frontenac or call the Office at 613-376-3489.
- Winter 2018 Preview:
- Read the latest Friends' newsletter online (posted 11-October-2017).
- Take the camping challenge - "All Season Outdoor Adventure" at Frontenac Park (posted 27-November-2011).
- Download the Park Map (pdf format, about 1 MB).
- Join the Friends/Donate to the Friends now! Download the Friends Brochure and Membership form (pdf format).
- Read the Frontenac Park Management Plan approved on October 2016.