Great Waterfront Trail Adventure
Ontario Trails Events
|Event:||Great Waterfront Trail Adventure|
|Trail:||Blue Mountains Trails|
|Date:||2021-08-07 to 2021-08-12|
|Abstract:||Celebrate Waterfront by cycling a total of 520 km over 6 days along the Great Lakes Waterfront Trail.|
|Cost:||Check with Organizer|
Interested in learning when Registration for GWTA 2022 opens? Sign up for the waiting list.
What is the GWTA?
The Great Waterfront Trail Adventure or GWTA is an annual, supported, multi-day cycle tour and awareness ride to promote the Great Lakes Waterfront Trail and the communities that support the Trail.
Friends, Finds, and Fun, the top three reasons people keep coming back to the Great Waterfront Trail Adventure (GWTA). Although freedom and food are high on the list too!
Bring friends or make friends. Find new local wines, craft breweries, hidden treasures, and unique communities. Feel the wind, water, and earth in a new way. Experience the freedom of slowing down, stopping, and trying something new. 98% recommend the GWTA to friends and family. Check out the testimonials below.
Learn more about the 2021 GWTA.
What Should I Expect?
- Reconnect to Canada’s Great Lakes! The Great Lakes Waterfront Trail is a key part of a strategy to protect, connect and celebrate the earth’s largest group of freshwater lakes.
- Discover vibrant communities and beautiful rural vistas; experience delicious local food and entertainment; enjoy charming shops and unique local businesses.
- Eat, shop, learn, discover, relax ….
- Daily luggage transportation.
- Camping in scenic waterfront parks and community grounds. Hotel options available (You must book these yourself separately.)
- Daily itinerary and maps.
- Daily breakfasts included – breakfasts will be served in line with Public Health regulations.
- Check out the itineraries for more information.