Renfrew County ATV Club Trail Volunteer Safety Training
Ontario Trails Events
|Event:||Renfrew County ATV Club Trail Volunteer Safety Training|
|Trail:||Renfrew County ATV Club Inc.|
|Abstract:||To support those volunteers and further the mission of the club, RCATV is hosting a one-day trail volunteer training day for any volunteers who are doing trail work on RCATV or crown land ATV trails.|
|Location:||KeyMac Motorsports 1321 Pembroke St E Pembroke, ON K8A 6W2|
About this event
Renfrew County ATV Club is proud to provide this service to our community with our certified CASI ATV RiderCourseSM Instructor.
This event will be outdoors at all times with a limited participation of 8. Participants will use their own machines, be socially distancing at all times. Lunch is self-provided.
About our Training Course
This course is scheduled July 17, 2021 and being provided in partnership with KeyMac Motorsorts and located on a specialized course at 1321 Pembroke St E, Pembroke.
This course is intended for an audience of adults and youth over the age of 16. This course is for ATV only. Side-by-Side or UTV/OHV rider training will commence in August.
As a club-run community service with volunteer instructors, all proceeds from our ATV training series are re-invested directly into our Trail Warden and Trail Safety programs.
- Class size of a maximum of 8
- This particular event course is intended for ATV only training and for adults and youth over the age of 16. If you are interested in a course for a youth under 16, please pre-register for a future event here
- 45 minute lunch at own cost
- $125 for adults 18+, $85 youth cost
- Riders must provide size-appropriate ATV that is licensed, insured and in safe working condition. If you are unclear please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Riders must provide protective equipment (helmet, gloves, eye protection, closed-toe'd ankle-high footwear)
RCATV Members in good standing (with trail permit) save 20%.
RCATV Board and Committee Members Save 50% as volunteer appreciation (contact email@example.com for the discount code)
Why a CASI ATV RiderCourseSM?
- Based on the well-recognized ATV Safety Institute (ASI) program, this course includes discussions on protective gear, environmental concerns and local laws
- Students increase their safety knowledge and practice basic riding skills (starting and stopping, turning, negotiating hills, obstacles, emergency stopping and swerving)
- Controlled environment under direct supervision of a certified Instructor
- Most current and hands-on ATV safety program in Canada
- Supported and endorsed by COHV the Canadian Off Highway Vehicle Distributors Council and all ATV major manufacturers
- This is a recognized and certified safety course for any youth planning to work in the outdoor workplace
Interested in taking a course as a family, or at another time?
Individuals 6 years of age and older may take the RiderCourseSM. Riders younger than 16 are restricted to ATVs of the appropriate size recommended for the rider’s age. There are special teaching provisions for students under 16 years old, and parents are encouraged to attend as well. Students younger than 12 participate in separate classes and a parent must be present during the entire course. Please contact 2VP@renfrewcountyatv.ca for more details or pre-register on RCATV website