The Ontario Trails Council (OTC) is a charitable organization established in 1991. We promote the development, preservation, management, and use of recreational trails and trail activity.
We welcome your participation! Join in.
What We Do: we improve public awareness and respect for trails establishing trails as a public benefit, while using the skills and knowledge of trail experts to make better trails and safer users.
Who We Are: 200+ members, the largest trail association in Canada MEMBERS
What People are saying: People like you, say great things about us. TESTIMONIALS
Why: we love the outdoors, each in our own way, while respecting and expecting others on the trail.
"The people making and using Ontario's trails, want you to share our passion for trails and the outdoors." Wayne Terryberry, President.
Promotion and Support.
1. AWARENESS - we make people aware of what you do and where your trail is.
- OTC Trails and Event page representation
- 1.5 Million Visits Year
- Get Mobile OTC trails maps
- Social Media posts reach 82,000+
- Fund Development
- Survey's and Data
- Education Posters and Program
2. RESPECT - we work to ensure funders and other users support your trails and your acitvity.
- Co-lead with Ministry of Tourism Culture and Sport
- Leader at Ontario Trails Coordinating Committee
- Office services
- Advocacy benefits - provincially and nationally
- Infrastructure funds
- Directorships, Awards
3. KNOWLEDGE - we give, and share skills and knowledge of members.
- Knowledge Expert Information Exchange
- Communities of Practice
- Professional Development Sessions, i.e.
- Trails Tourism,
- Risk Management,
- Trail Design Build Workshops
- Regional Trail Management Committee Development
- Discounts on Trailhead Events
4. TRAIL - we make trails, we service trails, we support your effort.
- Trail Insurance Brokers
- Trillium Recreational Trail
- Club Development and Support
- Trail Auditing, assessment, signage and inclusion programs
- Algonquin College Trail Education Certificate Program