From spring through fall, riders flock to Ontario to experience some of the most beautiful bike trails in the world! Always wear a helmet and protective gear and carry all the essentials in case of a break-down or emergency.
Bike Smart Tips
- Respect the terrain and ride within your ability. Check the difficulty rating system on your trail map and know your limits.
- Respect the environment – stick to the trail and don’t carve short cuts. Local trail builders do an outstanding job of maintaining trails and preventing erosion, so do your part by staying on track.
- Respect other users – slow down or stop when passing horses, hikers, or runners. Simply put, share the trail!
10 Biking Essentials
- A Trip Plan left with a responsible person
- Terrain-appropriate bike (well-maintained, and adjusted properly for you)
- Helmet specific to your style of riding
- Footwear specific to your style of riding
- Body armour for your style of riding (arms/legs, full compression suit, etc.)
- Bike shorts or full bike pants, each with chamois
- Jersey (long or short sleeve)
- Trail Maps
- Small backpack/camel back water system
- Patch kit (tube, pump and duct tape)
- Waterproof jacket for wet weather
- Bug spray
- Lighting system for night rides
Lakeshore Mountain Biking
A beautiful summer ride along the south shore of Lake Ontario.