Blackwell Dog Park is located in Sarnia, ON on Blackwell Road beside Sumac Lodge. This is a group for people who enjoy bringing their Dogs there to play and socialize, want to share fun photos, videos, See whos going, etc...
We would like to remind everyone of some simple things... some of us consider this common sense but you would be surprised... these are just things I noticed yesterday during my visit to the dog park. I don't expect everyone to agree with me... but I would hope the majority would.
1. ALWAYS bring water with you! There were at least 15 people there at one point yesterday and only 4 brought water with them
2. You MUST pick up your dog's poop and walk it to the garbage cans - dont tie it to the picnic tables or drop it underneath the tables. Someone was confronted yesterday for not picking up after their dog and they replied "Ive picked up after him twice already". If your dog poops 10 times... you need to pick up all 10 poops. No one wants to step in poop - even dogs!
3. Throw your garbage out - don't leave it on the ground or the table - this area is supposed to be a safe place for our pooches to play - a puppy will grab anything and everything to play with it - this includes sandwich bags, poop bags, timmies cups, granola bar wrappers.
4. Do not hit or swat at your dog - this type of behavior is unnecessary and should not be tolerated - it creates a hostile environment and can set some dogs off... not to mention some dog owners.
This dog park is located in:
- Blackwell Trails Park Connected to the Howard Watson Nature Trail, Blackwell Trails Park is located on Blackwell Road between Modeland and Michigan roads in Sarnia. Covering the completely closed landfill is a 3-kilometer long trail system ideal for non-motorized biking, walking or jogging. Waste Management developed the park in consultation with neighbours adjoining the former landfill. The St. Clair Region Conservation Authority planted 10,000 trees across the site. As these trees mature the paths will find themselves meandering through the treed zones, along with open grassy areas, making for a relaxing stroll with some excellent views. At each end of the park is a re-naturalized wetland, which hosts a variety of waterfowl annually. Waste Management has proudly received certification of the park by the Wildlife Habitat Council. There are six entrances off the Howard Watson Nature Trail and three entrances, with parking, off Blackwell Road. Also on site is a 3.5 acre fully enclosed leash free zone for exercising dogs and a fully accessible playground located at the main entrance.
Have you traveled this trail?
If you have any corrections or new information you'd like to send us, we'd love your input. Also, any photos or videos you may have taken of your adventures on this or any other trail are welcome as well.
Be a part of our trail community!
SUBMIT A STORY
SUBMIT A PHOTO
SUBMIT A VIDEO
Use your Facebook account to comment on this trail and share your experiences below.
By supporting the Ontario Trails Council, you will support trails, enabling delivery of services such as trail promotion, advocacy, creation and maintenance. The Ontario Trails Council is a provincial organization and registered charity. Every donation of $25 or more will receive a tax receipt. Thank you for your support!