Off-leash dog parks
On this page
Keep your distance and wear a mask around people you don’t live with – even outside.
Guelph has eight unfenced and two fenced dog parks, in addition to the use of some sports fields for off-leash use.
Report a concern with animal behaviour
Report a loose dog or owner not following rules
Report a problem with dog park infrastructure
View larger map
Fenced off-leash dog parks
Open daily from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Rules for using fenced in dog parks
Designated unfenced leash-free areas
- Eramosa River Park
- Lee Street Park
- Riverside Park (GRCA lands west of the Speed River, north of Woodlawn Road)
- Norm Jary Park
- Margaret Greene Park
- Centennial Park
- Crane Park
- John Gamble Park (Hydro corridor)
Please refer to the map above for the designated leash-free area in each park.
Unoccupied sports fields
Some unoccupied sports fields are available for dogs to run off-leash. They include:
- Bailey Park Multi-Use 1
- Bailey Park Softball 2
- Centennial Park Softball 9
- Colonial Drive Park Softball 1
- Deerpath Drive Park Soccer 1
- Dovercliffe Park Mini-Soccer 1
- Dovercliffe Park Mini-Soccer 2
- Eramosa River Park Baseball 1
- Eramosa River Park Baseball 2
- Exhibition Park Softball 2
- Franchetto Park Multi-Use 1
- Grange Road Park Soccer 1
- Green Meadows Park Soccer 1
- Green Meadows Park Softball 2
- Hanlon Creek Park Soccer 1
- Howitt Park Baseball 1<
- Hugh C. Guthrie Park Softball 1
- Margaret Greene Park Softball 3
- Margaret Greene Park Softball 4
- MacAlister Park Multi-Use 1
- Mollison Park Softball 2
- Norm Jary Park Softball 1
- Norm Jary Park Softball 2
- Norm Jary Park Softball 3
- Orin Reid Park Mini-Soccer 1
- Orin Reid Park Mini-Soccer 2
- Pineridge Park Softball 1
- Rickson Park Softball 2
- Riverside Park Multi-Use 1
- Riverside Park Multi-Use 2
- Riverside Park Softball 3
- Royal City Park Softball 1
- Skov Park Softball 1
- Sleeman Park Softball 1
- University Village Park Baseball 1
- W. E. Hamilton Park Softball 1
- Wilson Farm Park Mini-Soccer 1
- Woodland Glen Park Softball 1
- York Road Park Baseball 1
- York Road Park Soccer 2
- York Road Park Softball 3
Dogs must be leashed immediately when someone enters the sports field to use it, regardless of who was there first or their purpose for playing.
Read our Leash Free Policy to learn how we assess, build, maintain and enforce off-leash dog parks.
Have you traveled this trail?
If you have any corrections or new information you'd like to send us, we'd love your input. Also, any photos or videos you may have taken of your adventures on this or any other trail are welcome as well.
Be a part of our trail community!
SUBMIT A STORY
SUBMIT A PHOTO
SUBMIT A VIDEO
Use your Facebook account to comment on this trail and share your experiences below.
By supporting the Ontario Trails Council, you will support trails, enabling delivery of services such as trail promotion, advocacy, creation and maintenance. The Ontario Trails Council is a provincial organization and registered charity. Every donation of $25 or more will receive a tax receipt. Thank you for your support!